Australia Student Visa Requirements
student visa australia
Australia has risen as a favored destination for students for an international education. Most Indian students who choose to study in Australia have valid reasons. Let’s understand the various study options available in Australia and if you already have clarity of studying in Australia then here are the steps you need to follow to complete the visa requirements for Australia?
THE AUSTRALIAN STUDENT VISA
The OSP or Overseas Student Program is run by the Australian Government for non-Australian citizens or non- Australian permanent residents to study in Australia. In order to study under the OSP, one must first acquire a student visa in order to take up an educational program in Australia. Only those students who take up a registered course or a part of a registered course on full-time basis are granted a student visa.
WHAT ARE THE VARIOUS KINDS OF VISAS?
Before you apply for a visa, you need to know your visa type.
1. Vocational Education and Training Sector visa (subclass 572)
In order to pursue a full-time vocational education and training course and stay in
Australia then you need this visa.
Streamlined Visa Processing
For those applying for an Advanced Diploma level course may be eligible for a streamlined visa processing for this visa.
Australia Student Visa Requirements for Vocational Education and Training Sector visa (subclass 572)
To be eligible for this visa, you should be a student in a registered vocational education and training course or be pursuing advanced diploma in a registered course.
2. Higher Education Sector visa (subclass 573)
You can stay in Australia to study a full-time higher education course with the help of
Streamlined Visa Processing
You may be eligible for streamlined visa processing if your main course of study is an Advanced diploma, Bachelor degree or a Masters by coursework.
Australia Student Visa Requirements for Higher Education Sector Visa (subclass 573)
If you have Australia student visa requirements you might need to be registered in any of the following courses:
- Bachelor or associate degree
- Graduate certificate or graduate diploma
- Master’s degree by coursework
- Higher education diploma or advanced diploma.
Documents Checklist for Australia Student Visa Requirements
Here’s a handy list for you to know what all will you need to have your visa processed with ease and speed:
- Covering letter for all the documents you are sending
- Form 157A and 956A
- Visa application charge – payable to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). You may pay via credit card, debit card, bank cheque or money order.
- Certified copies of a valid passport or travel documents of all the persons included in the application. Any time you are called for a Visa interview or discussion, make sure you carry your passport with you.