Excitement and Nervousness are the feelings that are sure to trap you simultaneously if you’re the lucky one who has bagged the opportunity to study abroad and are on the verge of starting your journey in the same as a newbie. It might seem daunting to you but at the end, all that you have to do is conquer your emotions and start the journey that your parents, well-wishers and the overseas education consultants had pushed you towards. It’s the time you had been preparing for months and as you leave by your country here are some pro tips that you must do before you leave to study abroad. Not every overseas education consulting centers will guide you for this checklist, but those who treat you as a family will definitely want you to succeed in your professional as well as personal life. Let’s glance over the things you shall do at least a month before your pre-departure!
1. Dressing your document file – Get a list of all the documents that you might require at your university, during the transitions or for the permit to stay at the destined country. Ensure that all the paperwork is done, Passport updated and Visa settled a month ago. The study abroad consultants can help you by mentoring about the documents that shall be carried along. Try connecting the one.
2. Medical Insurance and Immunizations – The aspirants are recommended to have their medical insurance and get the dates from the public health services for the immunizations. The documents of the medical insurance and immunizations shall also be taken by you to your university. Visit your doctor and have the prescription for the medicines that you intake while cough, cold, fever, headache or any such uneasiness. Although the medicines shall not be taken before consulting the doctor, still carrying them lets you be on a safer side.
3. Flight Tickets – Getting the tickets for your flight shall be the first thing on your checklist after you get the confirmation and joining call from your university. Keep an eye on the flights and book the one when you find the best rates. Booking the tickets for the flight that offer cancellations insurance will be a good idea indeed!
4. Informing the bank – Keep your bank into the loop about your immigration. If required, get your currency exchanged from the local banks to get through the initial days at the place of your university.
5. Housing and traveling plans – Surf over the net or find the friends or known ones, try connecting with the people over there and get the deal done for your housing facility. Do not forget to plan out for your traveling from the airport to the connecting and destination city or the place.
6. Packing chores – Explore the market and shop for the things you would certainly require there. Start collecting the clothing, utensils, toiletries, basic necessities that you might require and pile all the things together so that you can easily identify what else is left.
7. Meeting your friends and close ones – Some of you might think that a month is a long period but it will vanish within a few days as you will be the busiest person while you are preparing to move abroad. Therefore, whenever you spot some free time, start to hang over with your family, friends, close ones and create those memories that you can take along.
8. Thanking the people who were a part in this journey – Although, the journey did not start yet, still the people who supported you in this decision and helped to reach till here deserve a “Thanks!”. Your parents/family are probably the first followed by the overseas study consultants that guided and prepared you for the exams. Thank them once before you leave because tiny things do matter.
Are you one who now knows the things that you shall start preparing for a month ago before leaving to study abroad? Study and work Abroad has always made your migration easy and this piece of blog tries to do the same. We had been the most trusted Overseas Education Consultancy in Mumbai and guide the students to reach the best universities. Hope you have a bright future!