Limerick Institute of Technology
The city of Limerick is a well-known destination for both tourists and international students alike. It is Ireland’s third largest city, and is a major seat of Higher Education and Global Investment. What’s more is that the city has excellent connectivity to Dublin and the rest of Ireland via road and rail links. While in Limerick, you may explore various sights to the likes of Limerick City Gallery & Art, Hunt Museum, King John’s Castle, St Mary’s Cathedral, and Frank McCourt Museum, among others.
Nestled in the city of Limerick is a well-known and renowned institute of higher education - the Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT). The university has its campuses at Molyish, Clare St, Clonmel, and Thurles. The Molyish Park Campus is the largest LIT campus, and houses three schools, namely Business & Humanities; Science, Engineering and Information Technology; and Built Environment. The Clare St. Campus specializes in Art & Design, while the Clonmel campus has its forte in creative multimedia, games design and animation. Thurles LIT, on the other hand, is a conditioning hub and trains in sports strength
The Limerick Institute of Technology Ireland has its roots dating as far as 1852. With over 350 academic staff and 150 administrative and technical staff, the university attracts 7000 students across its wide range of courses. LIT offers courses that range from Higher Certificates to Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s and PhD.
LIT attracts students from all across the globe due to its distinctive characteristics. The university’s major USP is that it is industry-led and hence offers industry-linked custom designed programmes. Besides, it adopts an active learning philosophy – be it practical, applied, or problem-based. The university boasts of some state-of-the-art facilities and technologies. It also has worldwide collaboration with numerous businesses and organizations. An ideal example of this is its biotechnology project with NASA that was chosen for the International Space Station. It is due to these unique features that LIT captivates students from Canada, India, China, Lebanon, Brazil, USA, Barbados, South Africa, and many more.
You may therefore consider Limerick Institute of Technology as your study abroad university and explore all that it has to offer. By doing so, you may develop a sense of academic approachability and excel in your field of interest.
The Limerick Institute of Technology ranking and awards is indeed noteworthy. It was named ‘Institute of Technology of the Year’ by the Sunday Times University Guide in 2009 and 2013. Besides, the institute’s LSAD Fashion School was ranked 42nd in the Global Survey. One of the reasons for this is the institute’s wide range of programmes. The industry-linked customized programmes are something to look out for. These practical LIT Limerick courses make students job ready, and help them step in to the business world with the required skill set.
You may explore various courses at the undergraduate and post-graduate level, and make a choice based on your field of interest.
- Creative Media and Design - BSc
- Creative Media and Design - BSc (Honours)
- Digital Animation Production - BSc (Honours)
- Digital Animation Production Bachelor of Science
- Fashion and Textiles for Product and Costume - BA (Hons) in Design
- Fashion and Textiles for Product and Costume - Higher Certificate
- First Year Art & Design (Common Entry) - BA (Honours)
- Game Art & Design – BSc
- Game Art and Design - BSc (Honours)
- Applied Biology - BSc
- Drug & Medicinal Product Analysis - BSc (Honours)
- Environmental & Geographical Sciences - BSc (Honours)
- Environmental Management in Agriculture - Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Forensic & Pharmaceutical Science - BSc (Honours)
- Built Environment Undenominated - BSc (Honours)
- Civil Engineering - BEng
- Civil Engineering Management - BSc (Honours)
- Construction Management - BSc (Honours)
- Interior Design and Technology - BA
- Property Valuation & Management - BSc (Honours)
- Quantity Surveying - BSc (Honours)
- Sustainable Building and Energy Engineering - BSc
- Creative Broadcast & Film Production - Bachelor of Science
- Creative Broadcast & Film Production Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Electrical Engineering Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Electronic Engineering – Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Industrial Automation & Robotic Systems Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Music Technology & Production - BSc
- Music Technology and Production - Bachelor of Science
- Renewable & Electrical Energy Engineering Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Business Computing - Bachelor of Business
- Business Information Systems
- Business with Computing
- Computer Networks and Systems Management
- Games Design and Development
- Interactive Digital Media
- Internet Systems Development
- Software Development
- Agricultural Mechanisation - Higher Certificate in Engineering
- Automobile Technology - Higher Certificate in Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering - Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Precision Engineering - BEng
- Community Development - BA (Honours)
- Early Childhood Care & Education - BA
- Social Care Work - BA
- Road Transport Technology & Management - BEng
- Accounting & Finance - BBs (Honours)
- Business (Clonmel) - BBs (Honours)
- Business with Digital Marketing - Bachelor of Business
- Enterprise & Innovation - BBs (Honours)
- Marketing & Management - BBs (Honours) Ab Initio
- Business Studies with Event Management - BA (Honours)
- Business Studies with Travel and Tourism Management - BA (Honours)
- Business Studies with Sports Management - BA (Honours)
- Community Sports Development - BA
- Sports Strength & Conditioning - BSc (Honours)
- Postgraduate Studies & Research Opportunities in Science
- MSc in Analytical Science with Research & Quality Management
- Master of Arts by Research
- Master of Arts in Social Care Management
- Professional Master of Education in Art and Design with Digital Media
- MA in Social Practice & the Creative Environment
- Master of Arts in Art & Design Education
- Master of Science in Quantity Surveying
- Master of Business in Marketing & Management Strategy
- Higher Diploma in Business Management
- Master of Business by Research (Level 9)
- Higher Diploma in Business with Sales Performance & Business Development
- Higher Diploma in Business with Digital Marketing
- Higher Diploma in Business with People Management
- Higher Diploma in International Business
- Postgraduate Research Opportunities
- Master of Science in Computing in Security & Digital Forensics
It is necessary to meet the English language requirements for entry to any of LIT’s programmes. To enroll for an undergraduate course, you need to have a minimum IELTS score of 5.5. A post-graduate degree, on the other hand, mandates an IELTS score of 6.0.
The Limerick Institute of Technology Ireland offers a very strong support system to help you make the most of your time while you study. These support services are designed exclusively to help you meet your maximum potential, thereby facilitating an enjoyable and memorable experience.
In case you wish to enroll for any course at LIT, you may seek necessary information about the same from the Admissions Office. You may obtain details about various LIT Limerick courses, process for application, fees, entry requirements, re-application, and much more.
Once you enter the learning institute, you may attend the orientation programme held at the start of the term. This programme helps you understand details about the institute, the courses, and the on-campus services offers, among others.
LIT provides free nursing services to full-time students. Students who become acutely ill may avail of doctor’s service which is made available to all main LIT campuses. There is also a confidential and professional counselling service for all registered students. You may therefore speak to professional psychotherapists, psychologists, and counsellors regarding your personal issues, academic issues, or any other problem.
You may also utilize the benefit of student accommodation Limerick LIT services. There are a variety of residential options, such as lodging, houses, purpose-built student accommodation, and others.
LIT has a Learning Support Unit (LSU), offering help to students who require support in their studies. Learning support empowers students and helps them to participate whole-heartedly in their study programme.
Under the Access service support system, LIT offers disability support services, financial assistance to those in dire need, mature student welcome program, mentoring and guidance, among others. You will also be pleased to know that the LIT offers a career service pertaining to all aspects of career planning. Students may therefore benefit from various workshops, events and seminars that are held throughout the year. These sessions help in your interview preparation, job hunting, CV preparation, and career planning.
You may avail of the aforementioned amenities to support your journey at Limerick Institute of Technology Ireland.