London South Bank University
The reasons to study in London are quite compelling. It is one of the best student cities in the world, with a plethora of work opportunities. It is home to the British library, and is a city of unbeatable culture. What’s more is that it is a lively city and is sure to provide you with a multi-cultural experience.
London holds an immense choice of universities, including the London South Bank University(LSBU). It is here that you are sure to find the right course, according to your career goals and study preferences.
LSBU – a public university located in Newington, London – has its roots dating back to 1892. With over 18,000 students from around 130 countries, the university offers accredited, professionally-recognized, and vocationally-relevant education. It boasts of being awarded Silver in regard to teaching excellence by the Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework. The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018 has named this university as the ‘University of the Year for Graduate Employment.’
The core values of LSBU pushes them towards delivering a practical and personalized experience to students. These values are professionalism, integrity, excellence, creativity, and inclusivity. The University has a vision of being London’s top modern university by 2020, and has incorporated numerous corporate strategies to bring about the desired result.
You may be pleased to know that the LSBU offers courses at various levels – undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate. These courses are offered across the University’s seven academic schools, namely School of Arts and Creative Industries, School of Business, School of Health and Social Care, School of Applied Sciences, School of Engineering, School of Law and Social Sciences, and lastly School of the Built Environment and Architecture.
LSBU believes in practical experience along with theoretical learning, and hence has integrated work placements into the curriculum. It is due to this practical approach that the University is ranked as #1 London Modern University for graduate starting salaries. Students graduating from this university are known to climb the ladder of success, be it in any industry; law, finance, art, media, engineering, and more.
Completing your further education from this esteemed university is indeed an ideal investment for your future. You may therefore consider pursuing a study abroad program from LSBU and watch yourself grow and develop on a personal as well as on a professional level.
All the courses offered at London South Bank University UK are either accredited or developed in partnership with the top professional bodies in the relevant industry. These courses help students understand the needs, challenges and trends of their respective sectors. Students may therefore receive the knowledge, skill set and training required to excel in their careers.
Following is an extensive list of London South Bank University undergraduate courses offered by the seven academic schools
- Applied Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Bioscience
- BSc (Hons) Food and Nutrition
- BSc (Hons) Food Science
- BSc (Hons) Forensic Science
- BSc (Hons) Human Nutrition
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching and Analysis
- BA (Hons) Digital Design
- BA (Hons) Drama and Performance
- BA (Hons) English with Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) Film Studies
- BA (Hons) Games Design and Development
- BA (Hons) Journalism
- BA (Hons) Photography
- BA (Hons) Sound Design
- BA (Hons) Theatre Technologies
- BA/BSc Visual Effects
- BA (Hons) Web production and Social Media
- BA (Hons) Architecture
- BSc (Hons) Architectural Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology
- BEng (Hons) Building Services Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Building Surveying
- Built Environment Extended degree programme
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Commercial Management (Quantity Surveying)
- BSc (Hons) Construction Management
- BSc (Hons) Property Management (Building Surveying)
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BA Business Management
- BA Business Management specialist courses (Accounting, Analytics, Corporate Sustainability, E-Business, Economics, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resources, Law, Marketing, Project Management, Retail)
- BSc (Hons) Economics
- International Business Management Top-up
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BA Public Administration and Management
- BEng (Hons) Advanced Vehicle Engineering
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Applied Computing
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology
- BEng (Hons) Chemical and Process Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Computer Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BEng (Hons) Computer Systems and Networks
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Computer Systems Management
- Computing Foundation Year
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Data Science
- HND/BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electrical Engineering and Power Electronics
- Engineering Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Information Technology
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Petroleum Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Product Design
- BSc (Hons) Special Effects Design
- BEng (Hons) Telecommunications Engineering
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Web Development (IT)
- BSc Health and Social Care: Administration and Management
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy
- LLB (Hons) Business Law
- BSc (Hons) Criminology
- BA (Hons) International Relations
- LLB (Hons) Law specialist courses (Business Law, Criminal Law, Entertainment and Media Law, Family Law, Human Rights)
- BA (Hons) Tourism and Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure Management
- BA (Hons) Urban and Environmental Planning
Following is an extensive list of London South Bank University postgraduate courses.
- MSc Food Safety and Control
- MSc Addiction Psychology and Counselling
- MSc Investigative Forensic Psychology
- MSc Mental Health and Clinical Psychology
- MA Creative Media Industries – Cultural Management
- MA Creative Media Industries – Journalism
- MA Creative Writing
- MA Digital Film
- MA Digital Photography
- MArch/MSc Architecture
- MSc Building Services Engineering
- MSc Building Surveying
- MSc Civil Engineering
- MSc Construction Project Management
- MSc Environmental and Architectural Acoustics
- MSc International Real Estate
- MSc Planning Buildings for Health
- MSc Property Development and Planning
- MSc Quantity Surveying
- MSc Structural Engineering
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- MSc Transport Engineering and Planning
- MSc Applied Accounting
- MSc Business Project Management
- MSc Digital Marketing (IDM Top Up)
- MSc Human Resource Management
- MSc International Accounting and Finance
- MSc International Business Management (with internship)
- MSc International Business Management specialist courses (Finance, HRM, HRM with internship, Marketing, Marketing with internship, Project Management, Project Management with internship)
- MSc International Human Resources
- MSc International Marketing (with internship)
- MSc Marketing Communications (with internship)
- MPA Master in Public Administration
- MSc Advanced Telecommunications and Wireless
- MEng (Hons) Advanced Vehicle Engineering
- MSc Biomedical Engineering and Instrumentation
- MEng (Hons) Computer Engineering
- MEng (Hons) Computer Systems and Networks
- MSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- MRes Electrical Engineering
- MEng (Hons) Electrical Engineering and Power Electronics
- MEM Engineering Management
- MSc Engineering Project Management
- MSc Internet and Database Systems
- MSc IT Management for Business
- MSc/MEng Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Mechatronics, Robotics and Embedded Systems
- MSc/MEng Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Social and Digital Media
- MSc Public Health and Health Promotion
- MA/MSc Built Environment Studies
- MSc Criminology and Social Research Methods
- MA Events Management
- MSc International Tourism and Hospitality Management
- MA Town Planning
- MA Urban Planning Design
n order to qualify for any of the above-mentioned courses, it is necessary to meet the English language requirement as stated by the University. Applicants pursuing an undergraduate degree need to have an IELTS score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill area). Those pursuing a postgraduate degree need to have an IELTS score of 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill area).
London South Bank University understands the need of a strong support system. Through a host of amenities and services, you may bring your student world to life.
Some of the facilities offered include highly specialized laboratories, purpose-built classrooms, engineering workshops, and dedicated studio spaces. You may also access journals, software, TV, radio, e-books, journals, and electronic materials at the library.
LSBU has a specialized Student Center to assist you through your journey in the University. This center acts as a central hub for any kind of support needed. You may gain employment information here. The Student Center is also ideal for group study, meeting staff informally, and for socializing with your buddies.
The center also offers the benefits of a Student Union. The Student Union provides various social and support facilities to its students, such as clubs, events, and societies. Other services offered at LSBU include Fees & Bursaries, media centre, theatre, disability and dyslexia support, student advice, and employability options.
You may visit the Grads Café to enjoy a range of snacks and soft drinks. Additionally, the Venue - a bar open to students runs between 12pm and 8pm, in case you are looking to catch up with friends over a drink. In your spare time, you may avail of the gym facilities. You may also enjoy therapy services at the University. The University’s Academy of Sport’s Therapy Clinic offers various conventional and holistic therapy treatments.
Through the Career Service, you may find jobs and work placements in numerous businesses and organizations. You may seek advice from experienced and dedicated advisers on the job you seek, be it part-time jobs, full-time jobs, temporary placement or even vocational work.
The good news is that international students pursuing first year undergraduate and postgraduate degrees receive guaranteed London South Bank University accommodation. The University offers accommodation service through its halls of residence. These residences come with a variety of options - single bedrooms, Queen and Premium bedrooms. You may enjoy Wi-Fi internet, access to the University network, laundry facilities, in-call staff for emergencies, and a kitchen at London South Bank University Student accommodation.
Through the wide range of services offered at LSBU, you make the most of your time here and have a fruitful experience both on campus and off-campus.
Applicants who wish to enhance their proficiency of English language and develop their study skills, subject-specific knowledge, and cultural awareness, may undertake a pathway programme. These programmes help you prepare for the degree you wish to study.
Following are the four pathway programmes offered at LSBU.
- International Undergraduate Foundation Programme (UFP)
- International Year 1 (IY1)
- Master’s Foundation Programme (MFP)
- Pre-sessional English Language Programmes
You may expedite your personal and professional growth by enrolling for a pathway programme at London South Bank University UK. Through these pathway programmes, you may gain the necessary knowledge and study the degree you wish to pursue.