Queensland University of Technology
popularly known as QUT is a highly successful Australian university with an applied emphasis in courses and research. Based in Brisbane, Queensland, the university has a positioned global outlook. With 45,000 students, including 6,000 from overseas, and an annual budget of more than $800 million, QUT is positioned to grow and develop as one of Australia’s leading universities.
QUT boasts of highly sophisticated campuses located in
- Gardens Point
- Kelvin Grove
The campuses offer high quality learning, teaching and research spaces to better meet the needs of students, academics and researchers.
Why Study at QUT
- Ranked in the top 500 universities globally by the 2015 Academic Ranking of World Universities (Shanghai Jiao Tong).
- Rose to a world position of 263 in the 2015-2016 QS World University Rankings.
- In the UK-based Times Higher Education world university rankings for 2015-2016 Queensland University of Technology was placed in the 251-300 bracket.
- Holding international triple crown accreditation places QUT Business School in the top 1% of business schools worldwide.
Queensland’s top university under 50 years old
The Times Higher Education 150 Under 50 is a ranking of the top 150 universities under 50 years old, showcasing young universities that have achieved great successes in research and teaching. In 2016, QUT was ranked as Queensland’s top university under 50.
Excellence in learning and teaching
Many of the people who teach at QUT earn national recognition for their efforts. In 2015, received five prestigious Australian Awards for University Teaching citations.
The Science and Engineering Centre, which is home to The Cube, was honoured for its innovation in the inaugural Australian Financial Review Higher Education Awards.
Excellence in research
ERA (Excellence in Research for Australia) evaluates the quality of research undertaken in Australian universities against national and international benchmarks. In the most recent 2015 ERA rankings, 100% of our research was rated at world standard or above (scores between 3 and 5).
- Board of Quantity Surveyors Malaysia
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK)
- European Quality Improvement System
Business (Bachelors & Masters)
- Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Computer and Software Systems)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical)
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Engineering Management
- Master of Project Management
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Master of Teaching (Early Childhood)
Health (Bachelors & Masters)
- Public Health
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Computer Science)
- Master of Information Technology