University of Leeds
Visiting a new country is indeed a thrilling affair. However, studying in a new country, far away from home, is a different ball game in itself. Not only are you exposed to the local culture, but also to the friendly locale, natural surroundings, top notch education system, and so much more.
A number of prospective students who are considering studies at foreign universities are turning to the United Kingdom. Should you choose the United Kingdom as your destination of study, be assured that your journey will truly be an enriching one. From great university options to high quality education and experienced faculty, universities in the UK offers it all.
In case you are looking for top educational institutes, the Leeds University UK is a great choice to consider. Established in the year 1904, the University of Leeds has its campus in the West Yorkshire county of England. Though the University dates back to 1904, its roots may be traced as far back at 1831. The Leeds School of Medicine was established in the year 1831 which then went on to be known as Yorkshire College of Science in 1874. And since then, the University has grown by leaps and bounds, leaving no stone unturned in the arena of academics.
University of Leeds is undoubtedly one of the largest higher educational institutes in UK. Known for their high quality of teaching and education, the University follows a culture that imbibes a strong sense of responsibility and values. Their core values include professionalism, inclusiveness, integrity, and community as well as academic excellence. Besides these values, the University also shows a strong sense of economic, environmental and social responsibility. What’s more is that the University of Leeds works actively towards gender equality. As a matter of fact, the University renewed its Athena SWAN award in the year 2016. This award works around encouraging and recognizing women in careers pertaining to technology, science, math, engineering and medicine.
If you are considering a program at this University, you will be pleased to know that it focuses largely on community work. Here, both students and staff are actively involved in community services like volunteering at local schools. It also opens its doors to the public to participate in workshops during its Art and Science Festival. You may note that this highly-renowned University participates in sustainability activities like knowledge and capacity building, resource management, and partnering positively in society, and so much more.
Indeed, studying at Leeds College will not just ensure a strong academic backing, but also will ensure that you have an all-round development.
University of Leeds ranking is among the top ten universities in the UK, according to The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018. It is here that you may have an exceptional student experience, growing academically and professionally.
Earlier, the University focused only on scientific studies. Now, Leeds College has ventured into various fields, such as Modern Literature, Classics, and History. Other faculty includes Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Visual Arts, and Physical Sciences, among many others. It therefore offers a variety of course options that encompasses various fields of study. You may compare various undergraduate courses, research degrees and master’s programs. You may then select the most ideal one based on your field of interest.
Following is an extensive list of Leeds University courses, both at Bachelors and Masters Levels.
- All Biological Science and Food Science programs
- All Computer Science programs
- All Engineering programs
- International Business and Finance
- International Business and Marketing
In case you seek to pursue your Masters, you may opt from among the below-mentioned courses
- MA - Applied Theatre and Intervention
- MBA - Executive MBA
- MBA - Full Time MBA
- LLM - Criminal Justice and Criminal Law
- LLM - Intellectual Property Law
- LLM - International Banking and Finance Law
- LLM - International Business Law
- LLM - International Corporate Law
- LLM - International Law
- LLM - International Trade Law
- MA - Advertising and Design
- MA - Advertising and Marketing
- MA - Biomedical and Healthcare Ethics
- MA - Childhood Studies
- MA - Communication and Media
- MA - Corporate Communications, Marketing and Public Relations
- MA - Design
- MA - Design Future Society
- MA - Education
- MA - English Literature
- MA - Fashion, Enterprise and Society
- MA - Film, Photography and Media
- MA - Fine Art
- MA - Global Development
- MA - Global Development and Education
- MA - Human Resource Management
- MA - International Communication
- MA - International Education Leadership and Policy
- MA - International Journalism
- MA - International Relations
- MA - Linguistics
- MA - Social Work
- MA - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- MA - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Teacher Education)
- MA - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and Information and Communications Technology
- MA - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages for Young Learners
- MA - TESOL Studies
- MSc - Paediatric Dentistry
- MMus - Performance
- MPA - Public Administration
- MRes - Biodiversity and Conservation
- MRes - Biomedical and Healthcare Ethics
- MRes - Climate and Atmospheric Science
- MRes - Medicine
- MSc (Eng) - Advanced Concrete Technology
- MSc (Eng) - Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- MSc (Eng) - Automotive Engineering
- MSc (Eng) - Communications and Signal Processing
- MSc (Eng) - Digital Communications Networks
- MSc (Eng) - Electrical Engineering and Renewable Energy Systems
- MSc (Eng) - Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- MSc (Eng) - MSc (Eng) - Embedded Systems Engineering
- MSc (Eng) - Engineering Project Management
- MSc (Eng) - Engineering Technology and Business Management
- MSc (Eng) - Environmental Engineering and Project Management
- MSc (Eng) - International Construction Management and Engineering
- MSc (Eng) - Mechatronics and Robotics
- MSc (Eng) - Structural Engineering
- MSc (Eng) - Transport Planning and Engineering
- MSc (Eng) - Water, Sanitation and Health Engineering
- MSc - International Business
- MSc - International Health
- MSc - International Marketing Management
- MSc - Law and Finance
- MSc - Management
- MSc - Management Consulting
- MSc - Materials Science and Engineering
- MSc - Mathematics
- MSc - Mathematics and Computer Science
- MSc - Medical Engineering
- MSc - Nutrition
- MSc - Petroleum Production Engineering
- MSc - Physics
- MSc - Physics and Business Management
- MSc - Statistics
- MSc - Statistics with Applications to Finance
- MSc - Sustainability and Business
- MPH – Public Health (International)
- MSc - Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- MSc - Global Strategy and Innovation Management
- MA - Global Fashion Management
- MSc - Chemical Process Engineering
- MSc - Advanced Chemical Engineering
- MSc - Sport and Exercise Medicine
- MSc - Sustainable Cities
- LLM - Law and Social Justice
- MA - Leadership and Digital Education
- MSc - Health Data Analytics
You may make a choice from the aforementioned courses based on your area of interest.
The University of Leeds understands the needs of students coming from a new country, and therefore offers a solid support system to help them with the transition. Right from travel to accommodation and helping students sort out their finances, the university offers whole-hearted support.
University of Leeds provides travel information to international students to help them plan their journey before they arrive. You may also obtain information on how to travel within the city. In case of an untoward emergency, it is best advised to carry the University’s Security Office contact details at all times.
As far as housing arrangement is concerned, you may avail of Leeds university accommodation facilities. The university also offers the much-needed help to choose from modern apartments to converted mansions and private accommodations, both off campus as well as on campus. You may stay at residences that are located close to the campus and city center.
To help international students feel at home, the University of Leeds holds an International Welcome Week and Fresher’s Week. This program is packed with fun activities and events that helps you familiarize yourself with the college and its surroundings.
Besides the aforementioned benefits, the University offers numerous other student services and facilities. There are four libraries on campus with thousands of library resources, dedicated collections for specific subjects, manuscripts, rare books, and expert library staff. The University also has a Careers Centre team that offers help in building a strong CV, preparing you for interviews, offering advice on job applications, and more. Through the ‘Leeds University Union's Joblink,’ you may find suitable part-time work to help you earn income during your study.
Leeds University UK enhances your learning experience through various other facilities, such as free high-speed Wi-Fi, networked PCs, specialist support services for any sort of disability, counseling services, and health services, among others. You may benefit through such amenities and make your stay at Leeds a fruitful and enriching experience.